Countdown to Departure: Week 46

12/12/14

We picked these up at Barnes and Nobles, but I'm sure you can find them where most books are sold.

This week Sarah and I have added a couple of books to our traveling arsenal for when we put wheels to the road, National Geographic's Guide to State Parks of the United States and Canadian Province Parks and Guide to Scenic Highways & Byways. When we're out on the road we intend on seeing all we can. Scenic routes intrigue the both of us. Seeing the country side and scenic America is something that is important to us, and I think National Geographic are just the folks to help us do that.

Guide to State Parks of the United States and Canadian Province Parks is a great addition to our travel library. One reason being that it includes Canadian parks which will be very helpful once we cross the border. Canada has a beautiful landscape, and I have some great friends that live there that I'm really looking forward to seeing. They'll be joining us on some of our experiences while visiting.

Scenic Highways & Byways features 275 of the best drives in the U.S. that offer amazing views and some great americana experiences. I really want to get to know the country in which I was lucky enough to be born. I can't wait to see the places in person that I've always been mesmerized by in photos and on tv. The Statue of Liberty, the Seattle Space Needle, and Mount Rushmore are just some of the places that I want to visit while on the road.

If you're looking for some great material for when your out on the road, than I highly recommend these two titles. You can follow National Geographic on twitter by clicking here, and on Instagram by clicking here. Hope you'll check these books out at some point and maybe add them to your travel gear.

No comments

Post a Comment

All rights reserved. © You, Me and an RV. Website Design by: Maira Gall.