The Wild Wild West!

11/25/14

One thing that I'm most looking forward to when Sarah and I finally put wheels to the road is visiting the Western United States. I'm a bit of a movie buff and collector, and one of my favorite genres is Westerns. Tombstone, Wyatt Earp, True Grit (both versions), Open Range, and 3:10 to Yuma are just some of my favorites. When Sarah and I get out West we will be visiting places like Tombstone, AZ, Dodge City, Kansas, and all those places made famous by gunslingers - good or bad. I can't wait to see where the gunfight at the O.K. Corral took place, or Deadwood, South Dakota where Wild Bill Hickok was murdered by being shot in the back. The way of life during the Wild West always has intrigued me, especially the honor and courage of the lawmen who tried to keep everything from crossing the line into chaos.

The history of the Wild West is not the only thing I'm excited about. I am eager to see all the wildlife in the West. I love animals. Ugly or beautiful, dangerous or safe, it doesn't make a difference to me. I can't wait to see a tarantula out in the wild and not in an aquarium, or a gila monster walking across the hot sand. Scorpions will be very cool to see up close and without a sheet of glass between us. I find snakes to be beautiful and intriguing. They almost have a mythical god like appearance to them. It is almost like they are just as intelligent as we are.

I love reptiles so much that I own one. I have a Bearded Dragon named Jerry. He is one of the most peaceful creatures that I've ever been around and has an amazing personality. I love how he lifts his head and looks at me every time I speak to him or say his name.

This is my Bearded Dragon Jerry just hanging out on his piece of drift wood that I found for him.

Just Jerry having lunch.

Got to hold this beauty when a reptile show was held where I work. Just look at those amazing colors!

After being very afraid of spiders for most my life, I got to meet this gentle and not very heavy gal. She was pretty amazing.

The Western United States is so beautiful and full of amazing landscape and wildlife. I'm sure that Sarah and I will be spending several months out West so that we can see everything that it has to offer. I can't wait to boondock (camping without hookups) way out in the middle of the desert and look up at the beautiful night sky while listening to nature and the peaceful silence. There won't be any sirens or sound systems, just me, Sarah and nature.

What region of the world or place are you looking forward to visiting one day that you haven't yet. Please let us know. Leave a comment below and share with us. We love to hear from people like us that just want to experience life!

2 comments

  1. Hello Friends,

    We are huge western fans, or more wild west outlaw fans.

    Another place you have to visit is Kearney, Missouri and St. Joseph, Missouri. Kearney is where Jesse James and his brothers were raised and St. Joseph is where Jesse James was shot and killed. Great stops for wild west fans.

    Can't wait til you guys get on the road so we can read about your adventures and hope we can cross paths a few times along the way.

    Oh yeah, good luck with your Black Friday shopping adventure!

    Your Friends,

    Lance and Rosanna from YOLO RV Travelers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys are great! Thanks once again for your comment and for your support. I know that one day we will be able to meet, tell some stories, and have a fantastic meal together. Thanks for the info, Sarah and I will definitely check those spots out. Hope you two have a great and Happy Thanksgiving! Talk to you soon!

      Delete

All rights reserved. © You, Me and an RV. Website Design by: Maira Gall.