My First Play, It's a Wonderful Life

1/6/15

I was standing center stage after the show when I took this pic.

You, Me and an RV is about more than just travel; it's about experiencing life and all that it has to offer. As you already know Sarah and I live in the beautiful city of Nashville, TN, and since the beginning of our blog have shared some experiences that we've had here. Today, though, I would like to share a first-time experience that I had over Christmas in a little town just nineteen miles outside of Nashville called Franklin. Franklin kind of reminds me of Mayberry except that some of the most wealthy and most powerful in the country music industry reside there and spend there money there and it's much larger with 68,000+ residents.

You have the historical downtown area, which looks like Mayberry, and then you have the Cool Springs area which is the more modern area of Franklin. Cool Springs has your Galleria mall, chain restaurants, shopping malls, and pretty much anything else we think that we need in the 21st century. I guess where my rambling is leading to is that if you ever visit Nashville, try to take a day and visit Franklin. It really is a delightful cool little town to visit.

Now time to get to the point of this post. I had the amazing experience of seeing one of my all time favorite Christmas movies It's a Wonderful Life performed live on stage. A non-profit production company here in middle Tennessee called Studio Tenn put on the play, and did an amazing job. The play was done almost exactly like the movie with some of the smaller not so important details trimmed from it. I didn't get to see the gym floor open up to a large swimming pool during the school dance scene, or a large bridge over a frozen river from which George thinks about jumping to his death, but the stage and props were masterfully built and placed so that anyone who has ever seen the movie knew exactly what they were looking at and where the characters were. Anyone attending that had not seen the movie could very easily follow along. 

Sarah and I saw the play on the Saturday before Christmas which gave me a totally different experience than I have ever had before, and seeing the classic story live on stage made it even more Christmasy for me. It was an amazing new first-time experience, and if anyone reading this has never seen a professional live play before, then I highly recommend doing so.

Don't let your life pass you by without experiencing new and exciting things. If there is something that you've never done, but have always wanted to, than take time in 2015 AND DO IT! Sarah and I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave a comment below sharing any first time amazing experiences that you've ever had or want to have. We're looking forward to hearing from you! Hope you all had an amazing holiday season, and that you have an even more amazing 2015! 

No comments

Post a Comment

All rights reserved. © You, Me and an RV. Website Design by: Maira Gall.