Young Traveler

11/4/14

If you read my wife's post from last week, The Beginning of a Dream, then you learned why she loves to travel and visit new places. My love of traveling, unlike my wife, started when I was a young child living in Louisiana. My dad's side of the family lived in and around New Orleans, and my grandparents would take me to amazing places all over the south. We would go to deep south Louisiana to see all the beautiful wildlife and swampland. They would take me to historical locations like old forts that were built and used during the settlement of the south by the Spanish. We would go to alligator farms where we would feed gators and eat gator tail. They would take me to the beautiful mountains of Alabama and Georgia, and we would find nice picnic spots to grill out and build bonfires. And anywhere we went they would find a really cool gift shop and buy me a toy or a trinket. Not only did I get my love of travel from my grandparents, but my love of wildlife and the outdoors as well.

Since my wife and I have been together we have traveled to many amazing places. We've seen the beautiful and historic towns of St. Augustine, FL, and Savannah, GA. We've witnessed the amazing architecture of the buildings in Detroit, MI, and the beauty of the East Coast beaches. History is important to me when I travel. I like to see old buildings and the unique architecture of the time it was erected. I'm so excited about all the wildlife, beautiful scenery, and historical places that I will get to see and experience. North America is saturated with history that tells its story of how it was brought to such grandeur today. My hope for you is that you will take the time in your life to see the places that you have always wanted to see. Because when you do it is a life changing experience.

With my grandparents visiting Bald Rock located at Cheaha Mountain in Alabama.
My amazing and very wise grandfather.
My beautiful and wonderful grandmother.


No comments

Post a Comment

All rights reserved. © You, Me and an RV. Website Design by: Maira Gall.